What to pack for the Mashpi rainforest
Check out our recommended packing list for the Mashpi rainforest and make sure you bring exactly what you need to make the most out of your time with us!
- Walking shoes/sneakers
- Gore-Tex jacket (note: Guests are provided with waterproof ponchos)
- Socks (we recommend ankle-length running socks, two pairs per day)
- Lightweight, earth- or dark-colored, long-sleeve T-shirts and shirts
- Earth- or dark-colored, light-weight pants/trousers
- Small backpack
- Appliance chargers (outlets in Ecuador are US-style, 2 flat pins, 110 volts)
- Ziploc bags of different sizes for keeping things dry
- Light fleece/sweater
- Sandals/Tevas (with a good grip on the bottom for river walking)
- Insect repellent (natural, not chemical like DEET)
- Good binoculars
- Headlamp (or flashlight)
- Camera and/or video recorder and extra memory cards
- Extra batteries
Don’t leave anything behind!
At Mashpi Lodge’s boutique you will find a small selection of books, guides, clothing (T-shirts, shirts, hats, buffs), crafts, as well as essentials (batteries, healthcare products, etc.
Note: We kindly ask that luggage not exceed 20 kg (45 lb) in weight, with one item per person. Also, due to the Lodge’s wastewater management system, we request guests only use biodegradable soaps and shampoos (the Lodge supplies these as part of its amenities), and to flush only toilet paper in lavatories.